The 10th Annual Euromoney Forex Forum attracted a record number of delegates and over 60 expert speakers generating lively discussions on where the opportunities to make money are in the FX markets in today’s volatile markets.
Some of the topics discussed include:
• Sovereign debt crisis and its impact on forex markets
• The future of FX as a business: 2011 and 2015
• Which strategies will produce the best alpha returns for the next 12 months? why?
• More growth in global macro strategies?
• What steps will China take? Can you prepare?
• Emerging markets: selecting the winning currencies
• Themes and forecasts for 2010/2011 and the reasons behind the forecasts
Focused workshops also guided delegates through everyday practical issues effecting investors including:
• Liquidity withdrawal and currency risks
• Benchmark execution revisited: An introduction to transaction costs analysis and its implications for optimizing trading performance
• Growth index model: A simple, systematic way to generate alpha across asset classes
• What volcano ash clouds tell us about currency markets
• New safe-haven currencies in the post-crisis world
• FX metrics: style approach to currency investment
• A algorithmic execution strategies: where to apply them to your FX execution process after ten years of bubbles bursting, the best (worst?) is yet to come
• Five best trade ideas in the peripheral G10/EM currencies
• What drives the markets’ appetite for risk in foreign exchange?
• Trading inflation in emerging markets
Euromoney would like to take this opportunity to thank all sponsors speakers and delegates for helping to make the The Euromoney Forex Forum a huge success.
Societe Generale Workshop