INTERNATIONAL AND REGIONAL EXPERTS TACKLE THE KEY CHALLENGES THAT COTE D’IVOIRE FACES TO REACH THE EMERGING MARKET STATUS BY 2020 AT HIGH LEVEL FORUM IN ABIDJAN.
The Government of Côte d’Ivoire, led by the Ministry of Economy of Finance, and Euromoney Conferences hosted over 220 attendees at the inaugural Euromoney Côte d’Ivoire Conference on 28 and 29 March in Abidjan.
In recent years, Côte d’Ivoire has been a success story in a challenging economic global environment. Nevertheless, the next few years will be critical for the development of the country’s economy and financial sector to achieve emerging market status by 2020. Senior government officials, regulators and economists joined local and international financiers and business leaders in Abidjan for two days of high level discussions and networking.
The conference started with a series of high level addresses delivered by H.E. Mr Adam Koné, Minister of Economy and Finance and H.E. Mr Daniel Kablan Duncan, Vice President of Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, who then joined Christopher Garnett, Senior External Adviser, Euromoney Conferences for a candid interview.
Other Keynote Speakers included:
- Teruaki Kotaka, Senior Economist, Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Isaac Foly, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Chartered Bank
- Charles Boamah, Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, African Development Bank Group
- H.E. Mr. Souleymane Diarrassouba, Minster, Ministry of Trade, Craftsmanship and Promotion of SMEs
- Ravi Pokhriyal, President and Regional Head – West Africa and MENA Region, Olam International DMCC Ltd
- Aladji Cisse, Regional Director, West Africa, GlaxoSmithKline
In speeches, interviews, debates and discussions our participants considered:
- The Economic Overview of Côte d’Ivoire and its Regional Integration
- Banking Reforms as Part of Developing the Financial Sector
- Developing Local Capital Markets: Long-term Value Creation
- SMEs Landscape and Innovation
- Infrastructure Financing
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes: Infrastructure Planning, Design and Build Best Practice
- Power and Clean Energy
- Soft Commodities and Agribusiness
All in all, the event gave an insightful and informative experience for both the local and international audience on Côte d’Ivoire’s pivotal role within Africa as a hub for foreign investment and the country’s growth prospects zooming outward.
Euromoney Conferences would like to thank our co-host, The Government of Côte d’Ivoire; our sponsors - Standard Chartered Bank, African Development Group and Inoks Capital; our speakers and all the attendees for supporting our first Euromoney Côte d’Ivoire Conference and for making it such a success.
We look forward to seeing you all again next year.
For sponsorship or speaking enquiries please contact Odeta Konomi via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone +44 (0) 207779 8821.