To view an article from The Cover about the conference please click here.
In partnership with Euromoney Conferences, The Cover would like to offer you a free two week trial. The Cover is the daily online news service bringing you the latest news on new covered bond issues, secondary markets, regulation, and the people that matter in the covered bond industry. Click here to start your access and to find out more.
Euromoney launched The Covered Bond Congress in Amsterdam during September 2003. The franchise expanded to Japan in 2005 and the US in 2007, providing the first independent Covered Bond conference for US investors and issuers. Euromoney’s 2011 US Covered Bond Investor Forum took place on Wednesday 16 March 2011 at the Pierre, New York.
• Josh Friedberg, Portfolio Manager, BlackRock
• Eric Patlovich, Portfolio Manager, New Century Advisors
• Claus Tofte Nielsen, Senior Portfolio Manager, Norges Bank Investment Management and Chairman, Covered Bond Investor Council
• Paul Dudouit, Managing Director, Head of Long Term Funding, Crédit Foncier Group
• Steven Hynes, Head of Secured Funding, RBS Group Treasury
• Thor Tellefsen, Senior Vice President, Head of Long Term Funding, DnB Nor
• Massimo Molinari, Head of Treasury and Capital Management, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
• Tom Ranger, Head of Secured Funding, Abbey, Santander UK plc
• Wojtek J. Niebrzydowski, Treasury, CIBC
Since the global banking crisis Covered Bonds have continued to provide a safe haven for European investors. Canadian and European issuers have started to issue 144A compliant dollar covered bonds into the US investor base. Congress has debated a US Covered Bond law and the Senate Banking Committee has examined the future of Covered Bonds in the banking system and their place supporting the US housing market.
Euromoney Conferences produces more Covered Bond conferences in more countries than any other institution. The first event was launched in Amsterdam in 2003, and has now become by far the largest conference in the world dedicated to the asset class. In September 2010, its eighth year, the congress was in Zurich and welcome over 850 Covered Bond issuers, investors and intermediaries.
We have also held events dedicated to Covered Bonds in Tokyo, New York and London. There is no better forum to gain information on this growing asset class than a Euromoney conference.
"The conference was very informative, and the ability to speak with issuers and other
market participants helped us in our decision to invest in covered bonds."
Steve Liu, SIG