“Euromoney Russian Capital Markets Forum was a very well-organised event that offered its participants a wide diversity of themes and a fantastic mix of very experienced speakers. It offered a deep, broad and detailed insight into the current stance of the Russian economy and its capital markets, and valuable hints and views about Russia`s way into the near future from an economical, political and capital market perspective.”
Sergey Dergachev, Portfolio Manager Emerging Markets Debt, Union Investment Privatfonds GmbH
At the inaugural Russian Capital Markets Investor Forum over 230 leading Russian active and potential issuers, international institutional investors and market intermediaries gathered in London.
A full auditorium welcomed distinguished keynote speakers including Dmitry Pankin, the Russian Deputy Finance Minister of Finance followed by Barclays Capital Chairman Hans-Joerg Rudloff and Ashmore’s Head of Research Jerome Booth.
Discussions of Russia’s economic outlook, experiences in the international loan and bond markets, international investor appetite as well as the local bond market filled the day. Focused workshops were held on more technical themes from infrastructure to acquisition finance.
- Sergey Dergachev, Portfolio Manager Emerging Markets Debt, Union Investment Privatfonds
- Kevin Dougherty, Portfolio Manager, Pharos Financial Group
- Florian Fenner, Managing Partner, UFG Asset Management
- Slim Feriani, Chief Executive Officer, Advance Emerging Capital
- Artem Konstandian, First Vice-President, Promsvyazbank
- Dmitry Krasilnikov, Member of the Executive Board, Head of Corporate Finance and Financial Institutions, Eurasian Development Bank
- Sergey Pakhomov, Chairman, State Debt Committee, City of Moscow
- Christopher Palmer, Head of Global Emerging Markets, Gartmore
- Maarten Pronk, Director Corporate Finance, Sistema
- Vladimir Shmatovich, Senior Vice-President for Strategy and Business Development, Member of the Management Board, TMK
- Helene Williamson, Head of Emerging Markets Debt, F&C Asset Management
- Sir Andrew Wood, Former UK Ambassador to Russia; Associate Fellow, Russia and Eurasia Programme, Chatham House